At Ambleside Townhouse we are committed to high standards for the protection of personal information.
Collecting your information
Circumstances in which your personal information is collected:
- When making a reservation or by using other Ambleside Townhouse services, including via the property website and other third-party agents.
- By explicitly registering for our online mailing list.
- By explicitly stating that you wish to opt-in to marketing, when registering at check-in.
- By providing information to us in communications regarding service delivery such as feedback cards.
- By providing information on registration documents upon check-in.
- By submitting your details as part of an online enquiry.
- By adding your comments to our blog.
The type of information we collect:
- Information necessary to identify you, contact you and to process your reservation and requests, including: Your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number, CVC code and expiration date.
- We may need to record your date of birth at the time of booking.
- If you are an overseas-visitor we will require a copy of your passport or other national identification documents.
Information is stored in a secure, electronic Property Management System, which is password-protected and has a select list of users. It is also held in a secure database accessed only by users with admin rights.
Using your information
We may use your information in any of the following circumstances:
- To make a reservation and take any payment necessary.
- To enable us to contact you regarding your reservation and to confirm the details.
- To identify you whilst staying at the hotel, for health & safety purposes and legal regulations.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- If you have opted-in to receiving updates from us we will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have explicitly agreed for us to do so and then we will respect appropriate levels of contact.
- For timely notification of time limited offers. You may unsubscribe from this list at any point.
- We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using.
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- We also offer special age-related discounts from time to time (seniors or for children). To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking.
We will collect & keep your data from should you apply for a position of employment, to enable us to contact you and/or your referees.
We are legally obliged to keep the signed registration cards for a period of up to five years after which time it is securely disposed of.
Electronic records will be deleted.
Who your information is shared with and who has access to it:
- Personal information will be shared with staff at the Ambleside Townhouse & our central reservations office, at which your reservation has been made, so that we may provide the services you have reserved.
- Your information is held in a secure system and a limited number of staff have access to this. We may forward your personal information to internal members of our team to action feedback or requests from you.
- We are part of a group of family run hotels and as such, all three properties have access to the customer database. Personal information may be shared with other Hotels in the family group so that they may better provide services to you in the future.
- Information is shared only with third parties to whom we outsource our marketing and who host our website. The website provider currently has access to email enquiries via administrative logins & to mailing lists. Information is only accessed by the website provider when instructed to do so by Ambleside Townhouse.
- We do not share or sell your personal information with or to, other third parties, unless they are suppliers whom you have agreed to us involving in a purchase or booking, and where it is necessary for them to have access to this information.
Disclosing personal information
We may also disclose personal information in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of the Ambleside Townhouse, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness, or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority, if, in the reasonable judgment of Ambleside Townhouse, it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority. Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
You have the right to erasure from our databases in most circumstances, other than ones where there is a lawful basis for us to keep your information. Please click ‘unsubscribe’ or contact us & we can delete your electronic data, or shred any physical information kept.
Under new regulations, individuals have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office should you think there is a problem. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact:
Ambleside Townhouse, Lake Road, Ambleside, The English Lake District LA22 0DB. Telephone: +44 (0)15394 33240 or email: email@example.com
We will collect your data if you apply for a position at Ambleside Townhouse, via email, telephone or over a third-party website.
We use your information to contact you regarding your application, and for references.
Should you be unsuccessful in your application we will may hold your CV or any information on file for a period of six months. Any electronic applications will then be deleted.
Should you be successful in your application, we will ask for further information. This will be used to contact you, your relatives and your referees. We will also hold bank account details in order to pay you. We require certain information for legal and regulatory reasons.
Your information will be shared within Ambleside Townhouse, in order for departments to assess your suitability for the position or any other positions we think you would reasonably be suited for.
Upon leaving the company, we are legally required to keep your information. It will be disposed of after six years. Your information is kept both electronically and in physical form. It is kept both in a secure password-protected system, and in a secure location.