DO NOT COME TO STAY IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19. OR HAVE RECENTLY BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES.
People from a Tier 3 area are advised to follow the advice from their local area, this includes travel guidance.
We cannot accept bookings for Tier 3 areas unless travelling for legitimate reasons such as seen here:
People from a Tier 4 area are unable to travel. Please see current advice for tier 4 here:
Please do contact the hotel if you have any questions or need further guidance.
Any reservations made direct with the hotel on a flexible basis, from 1st May 2020 are now subject to free cancellation up until 24hrs prior to arrival. Please see the policies on your booking confirmation.
From the 8th August 2020, you will be required to wear a face covering in public areas of Hotels & B&B's. This is a legal requirement and we ask that you adhere to this policy during your stay. Thank you.
Steps to Reopening
Health & Safety of guests and staff are our number one priority. This does mean that we will have to make changes that affect the services we can provide, however you will always be met with the same warm welcome.
To ensure our reopening and to comply with Government health & safety guidelines we will be implementing the following procedures:-
• Only accepting residents of our three Ambleside properties for Lunch & Dinner at The Regent's Table 22 Restaurant and the Deck.
• Staff wearing PPE
• Investing in signage
• Installing plastic screening where necessary
• We may take action to limit guests from areas of local lockdown, or badly affected countries.
• Reducing operating hours where necessary to limit the risk to staff
• No cash payments, card only please.
• Working in teams as much as possible, and staggering work times for staff
• Asking guests not to come if they are showing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone who is
• Introducing hygiene stations, and hand sanitizers around the public areas
• Removing breakfast buffet & introducing pre-booking for breakfast
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure they are also practicing Covid-safe measures
• Re-inducting staff, as though they were new starters.
• Providing staff with a covid-19 handbook with advice and new procedures
• Please note that we cannot take accommodation bookings or table reservations for anyone with separate households or support bubbles, as we are currently in Tier Two.
• Only flexible rates available, and we have changed the cancellation policy from 48 hours prior to arrival, to 24 hours.
• Customer welcome letter in the room.
• Contact-free check in and check out procedures
• Reducing Housekeeping services – especially cleaning during the stay, to limit the risk to our Housekeepers.
• Introducing a new Housekeeping standards checklist, and increasing frequency of cleaning in public areas
• Keeping public areas as ventilated as possible.
• Decluttering in bedrooms
• Using chemicals that have been professionally tested as to be effective against covid-19
• Switching to single-use toiletries
Table 22 Restaurant/Kitchen at The Regent Hotel - Table 22 will close at 10pm in accordance with Government guidelines
• Introducing Takeaway Menu so you can dine in your accommodation
• Removing tables from restaurant to adhere to social distancing
• New menus for the restaurant so that we can reduce the number of staff needed in a small space.
• Encouraging use of menus from the website.
• Using single-use and disposable items where necessary, including napkins and sauces.
• Implementing a new Goods-In system to limit the number of delivery people coming into the hotel.
• Table service only in the bar and lounges. We cannot serve alcohol without a ‘substantial meal’ – we understand this to be a pre-dinner and post-dinner drink, within a reasonable time of your table booking